And you thought you were hungry during pregnancy! Man, those early days(and months) of nursing I probably found myself feeling truly full only a handful of times. While struggling to keep up with life as a new mom, easy to grab nutritious snacks sure do come in handy! Here is a list of my top 5 favorite breastfeeding snacks:
- Raw Nuts – It doesn’t get much easier than grabbing a hand full of almonds or cashews whenever you are hungry.
- Smoothies – I would often make a smoothie in a large mason jar in the morning then enjoy small smoothies throughout the day. My favorite combo includes berries, banana, yogurt, and some juice. Throwing an avocado in there packs your smoothie full of healthy fats and it tastes great!
- Lara Bars – Lara bars are made with very few ingredients and contain no fillers! For instance, their cashew cookie bar is made with only dates and cashews; and they taste great. They are still a go to snack for me and my toddler.
- Whole Fruits and Veggies – I loved having fruit and veggies available that were easy to eat without much preparation – such as apples, bananas, pears, grapes, carrot sticks, or cucumber slices.
- Hard boiled Eggs – It is easy to miss out on protein when snacking all day and rarely having time to sit down for a full meal. Having hard boiled eggs prepared provides an easy and protein-dense snack.
So what were/are your favorite easy breastfeeding snacks?